Friday, February 16, 2007

TSA Employees Earned The Right To Have Rights



The Senate Homeland Security Committee has voted to allow Transportation Security Administration employees to have collective bargaining and whistleblower protection rights. On a party line vote of 9-8 Democrats have now given TSA Employees rights that many other federal employees already have. Republicans excuse that allowing TSA to have bargaining rights will hinder its flexibility to respond to terrorism is a load of crap. If this was the case then why can civilians in the Air Force and U.S. Customs and Border Protection employees have bargaining rights? I would think these agencies need to respond to terrorism as well. TSA employees should be entitled to the same basic employment rights as other federal employees. Way to go Democrats!

2 comments:

Eric J. Burton said...

I spent 4 years of my life at the TSA and I was one of the worst places I have ever worked as far as how the leadership was towards its troopers.

Monday Night Football said...

Exactly! Everyone deserves at least some basic rights. Granted I think several proposals from local unions are complete shit, but they still deserve the right to be heard. This is what we call democracy. I wonder if Cheney has heard of this concept?